Voice Box also termed as Larynx. It is an important part of our respiratory system. The voice box is an organ from where the voice produces. It is a 2-inch long tube present in between our pharynx and trachea. It functions in breathing, talking, and swelling. It is also known as Adam’s apple which is clearly seen in men. When any of the function does not work properly or fails to work then it is a call for a treatment to avoid any consequences. Voice box cancer is a leading disease which needs to be treated as early as possible.
What is Voice Box?
Voice Box or Larynx is a respiratory organ, responsible for our breathing, talking, singing and if got infectious then it gets swelled also. People face several voice disorders and our ENT specialists help them after diagnosis the respiratory tract whether the deceased larynx is required any surgery, medications or voice therapy.
What cause Voice Box Infectious?
There are several reasons which point that our voice box is infectious. The lists of reasons are stated below:
- Sore throat
- Problems with swallowing
- Constant coughing
- Bleeding with coughing
- Breathing problems
- Weight-related issues
- Collection of mass in the throat may result in cancer
Why Voice Box treatment is important?
When our voice becomes deceased and does not work properly then our experts suggest for the treatment related to medications, surgery, and voice therapy. The treatment depends on the different causes and symptoms which make the larynx deceased. If it is larynx cancer then it is advisable to proceed with the treatment as early as possible.
Risk factors of Voice disorders
There are several risk factors which are associated with voice box disorder:
- Throat cancer
- Long-time swelling in the larynx
- Deceased throat
- Damaged voice
- Excess use of alcohol
- Infections in the respiratory tract
- Long-time illness in thoracic illness
- Throat infection
Patient with deceased voice box is recommended to go with the primary treatment accompanied with the diagnosis to check the proper cause and accordingly treatment and medications are suggested to the patient.
Larynx cancer also termed as Laryngectomy. The larynx is broadly classified as:
Supraglottis: Upper part of the larynx.
Glottis: Middle part of Larynx
Subglottis: Lower part of Larynx linked with the trachea
Before the treatment starts, our expert specialists advise the patient to undergo certain tests:
- Physical Examination of the larynx
- CT Scan
- PET Scan
- Bone Scan
- Barium swallows
- Blood tests
These tests determine the stage of disease, correct location, size of the tumour and further treatment is started. At the very initial stage, it is easy to recover from the cancer present in any part of our body. Cancer in larynx starts from the squamous cells and once diagnosed treatment is mandatory to be started.
This cancer can spread through blood, tissues and our lymphatic system. To treat cancer following treatments are being performed on them:
- Radiation therapy: A high beam light is passed in our throat which helps in breaking the tumour present in the larynx which destroys it into several parts.
- Surgery: In surgery, complete larynx portion is cut off from the throat and is further replaced with the healthy one.
- Chemotherapy: It is often performed with radiation therapy to get effective results.
In the early stage of voice box cancer, the removal of the larynx is performed by mouth only, known as Endoscopic Resection. After surgery, some swelling may occur and to avoid that our experts make a tiny hole in the windpipe (trachea) which is responsible for breathing as swelling affects breathing.
In the advanced stage, if it is required to remove complete larynx, the procedure is termed as Laryngectomy. You feel relieved and be able to breathe and voice-related problems can be resolved as well. Further, speech therapy is given to improve the condition.
Post Voice Box Treatment Care
It takes almost 1-2 weeks of time to cure of the larynx surgery as it causes some problem in the talking, eating and breathing. Communication methods are generally the best to inform about your present on-going condition. Different speech related therapies are performed after surgery for quick recovery.
Follow up with the specialists is recommended after the therapies.
Results of Voice box Surgery
In the initial days after surgery some problem in the voice functions will come but after speech therapy, one will be able to perform the usual functions.
Benefits of Voice Box
After surgery, the patient will then be able to perform the activities like:
- Swallowing food and water
- Ear problems can be cured
- If any nose related problems will come then also it will be treatable after this surgery.
Why MedTours Global?
- We are associated with the best hospitals globally having the emergency infrastructure, fully equipped with the latest technologies and techniques to overcome from every emergency condition.
- Our team of doctors are highly experienced in ‘Emergency Patient Management’ and work together to save the patient.
- Consultation from doctors through e-mail, phone, and video calling.
- Rehabilitation programs are organized to assist complex surgery patients.
- Complete support and assistance being given before and after treatment.
- Cost of treatment is quite less as compared to other service providers.
- We are always ready to offer our helping hand and our services are available Free of Cost 24/7.