Vitreous Retinal Surgery, also known as Vitrectomy. It is a surgical procedure of removing the eye’s fluid, called vitreous, from the eye, and is replaced with a saline solution, which helps the retina to keep it in position. It is performed after several repairment procedures.
What is Vitreous Retinal Surgery?
It is an eye surgery where the vitreous fluid is removed and replaced with a saline solution or silicone oil, which helps to keep the retina in the correct position.
When Vitreous Retinal Surgery is required?
Vitreous Retinal Surgery is required to treat the following conditions:
- Severe eye injury
- Retina tissue damage
- Retina blood vessels damaged
- Patient suffering from Macular Pucker
- Infections within the retina.
Who needs Vitreous Retinal Surgery?
Patients suffering from serious eye infections and injuries are suggested to undergo Vitreous Retinal Surgery by our expert Ophthalmologists.
Before the procedure starts retinal examination and ultrasound imaging is performed.
Vitrectomy is performed by two different methods, which are as follows:
- Posterior Pars Plana Vitrectomy: In this procedure, our retina specialists remove the vitreous fluid from your eye from iris (front part of the eye) or optic nerve (back part of the eye) and replaced with silicone oil or saline solution.
- Anterior Pars Plana Vitrectomy: This procedure is performed in rare cases which are as follows:
- Eye injuries
- Accidental cases when retina of the eye gets severely damaged
- Eyes with lens-related problems
In this procedure, the fluid is inserted through the pupil of our eyes which is present in the anterior i.e. front part of the eye. It is generally performed to minimize the visual effects of the eye.
Post Vitreous Retinal Surgery Care
- Avoid physical activities.
- Avoid heavy exercises which cause sweating.
- Head bath should be avoided so that water won’t go inside the eye.
- Avoid dusty areas as dust may cause infections to the eye.
Benefits of Vitreous Retinal Surgery
- Anterior Vitreous Retinal Surgery improves vision.
- Eyes injuries can be cured with Vitrectomy.
Why MedTours Global?
- We are associated with the best hospitals globally having the emergency infrastructure, fully equipped with the latest technologies and techniques to overcome from every emergency condition.
- Our team of doctors are highly experienced in ‘Emergency Patient Management’ and work together to save the patient.
- Consultation from doctors through e-mail, phone, and video calling.
- Rehabilitation programs are organized to assist complex surgery patients.
- Complete support and assistance being given before and after treatment.
- Cost of treatment is quite less as compared to other service providers.
- We are always ready to offer our helping hand and our services are available Free of Cost 24/7.