TLIF stands for Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion Surgery. TLIF is a surgical fusion grafting technique which is meant to decompress the spine by fusing the bones so as to give them strength and correct posture. In this grafting procedure, the bone matter from the patient’s body (autologous) or from a bone bank (allograft) is transplanted during the surgery. In certain cases, if both autologous and allograft are not available then a synthetic bone is formed having similar mechanical properties and transplanted into the spine to make it functional.
What is the TLIF Lumbar level?
TLIF is a grafting technique where the fusion of bones is performed to get relief from the pain which occurs due to several reasons. This spinal fusion is performed from the front and back section of the spine so as to stabilize it and bring it in the correct posture.
When TLIF Lumbar level Surgery is required?
There are several reasons which are as follows:
- Accidental Lumbar injury
- Herniated disc
- Spinal disc diseases
- Nerve root compression
- Instability in the spine and prolong weakness
Why TLIF Lumbar level is important?
TLIF is a type of spinal fusion which is performed for spinal stability and to get correct posture.
Tests before TLIF Lumbar level
Before undergoing TLIF our ortho surgeons perform different tests, which are as follows:
- Radiography: It is done to check the instability of spine.
- MRI, CAT, and Myelogram: It is done to check the nerve compression.
- EMG: It is done to check the nerve function.
TLIF is performed in the posterior part of the spine. An incision is made in the lumbar part and surgical hardware is applied to keep the fusion rate higher. Screw and rods are attached in the spine and fusion spacer is inserted in the spine from the side. Further, a bone graft is placed in the interbody and then fusion of the vertebra is done. In autologous, the bone graft is taken from the pelvis of the patient only. The fusion of the vertebra is done from above and below to form a long straight bone.
Post TLIF Lumbar level Care
- Prescribed medication should be taken.
- Walking is recommended after surgery.
- Regular check-ups.
- Avoid strenuous exercises.
Benefits of TLIF Lumbar level
- Provides correct posture to the spine.
- The spacer inserted in the spine gives relief from the pain caused by nerve compression.
- TLIF helps in reducing the injury and scarring around the nerve roots.
Why MedTours Global?
- We are associated with the best hospitals globally having the emergency infrastructure, fully equipped with the latest technologies and techniques to overcome from every emergency condition.
- Our team of doctors are highly experienced in ‘Emergency Patient Management’ and work together to save the patient.
- Consultation from doctors through e-mail, phone, and video calling.
- Rehabilitation programs are organized to assist complex surgery patients.
- Complete support and assistance being given before and after treatment.
- Cost of treatment is quite less as compared to other service providers.
- We are always ready to offer our helping hand and our services are available Free of Cost 24/7.