Stomach cancer starts generally in the innermost lining called mucosa of the stomach. About 5-10% of the stomach cancer starts in the sub-mucosa which is a supporting layer of mucosa. These are the only layers from where the stomach cancer starts and these layers can only determine the stage of our stomach cancer. When the cells generate in the stomach and becomes tumour then Stomach Cancer occurs.
What is Stomach Cancer Treatment?
Stomach cancer, also known as gastric cancer. It occurs in the inner mucosal lining of the stomach. It is the most common type of cancer. Stomach cancer is further described as:
- Adenocarcinoma: It is the most common type of cancer occurs in the inner mucosal layer of the stomach.
- Lymphoma: This type of cancer occurs in the immune system tissues but sometimes occur in the stomach also.
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumor: This type of cancer occurs in the inner wall of the stomach called interstitial cells of Cajal.
- Carcinoid tumour: In this type, the cells multiply and cause cancer in the hormone-making cells and do not spread in other areas of the body parts.
- Rare stomach cancer: These starts only in the stomach like squamous cell carcinoma, small cell carcinoma, and leiomyosarcoma.
What causes Stomach Cancer?
- Improper food
- Ulcer due to smoky and salty food
- Abdomen pain
- Nausea and vomiting with and without blood
- Swelling in abdomen
Before the surgery starts our experts suggest you perform certain tests to avoid any complication and if any sort of requirement is there to fulfil before surgery.
Generally, in this procedure, only surgery is recommended. During this surgery, affected part of your stomach will be removed so as to avoid any complications.
- Oesophagogastrectomy: As per our experts some part of the stomach and food pipe is removed. In this procedure, the lymph nodes will be removed because these are the primary source from where cancer starts in the stomach.
- Laparoscopic Surgery: In this, the laparoscope gets connected with the camera and then the camera shows all the internal activity. It is the most common surgical technique performed by our expert surgeons and it does not take much time to complete the surgery also.
Post Stomach Cancer Treatment Care
- Check-up is recommended.
- Changes in eating habits.
- Changes in the sedentary lifestyle.
Results of Stomach Cancer Treatment
Stomach cancer always affects our immune and digestive system. Our poor appetite sometimes leads to stomach cancer. After diagnosis, if the cancer is treated in the early stage then patient need not undergo any surgery but later the results can be serious.
Why MedTours Global?
- We are associated with the best hospitals globally having emergency infrastructure, fully equipped with the latest technologies and techniques to overcome from every emergency condition.
- Our team of doctors is highly experienced in ‘Emergency Patient Management’ and work together to save the patient.
- Consultation from doctors through e-mail, phone, and video calling.
- Rehabilitation programs are organized to assist complex surgery patients.
- Complete support and assistance being given before and after treatment.
- Cost of treatment is quite less as compared to other service providers.
- We are always ready to offer our helping hand and our services are available Free of Cost 24/7.