These are the innovative surgical techniques to fix the curved spine which comes forward due to several reasons. Scoliosis is S-shaped or C-shaped spinal deformity in the coronal plane and Kyphosis is a condition of increased forward spinal angulation in the sagittal plane.
What is Scoliosis and Kyphosis Corrective Surgery?
It is a spinal fusion surgery where the deformity in the spine is corrected through surgery to keep the spine in the correct posture.
When is Scoliosis and Kyphosis Corrective Surgery required?
When the spine is curved in shape and comes in coronal plane i.e. when a person looking straight in front (Scoliosis) and when the person is looking at someone from the side (Kyphosis) then this spinal abnormality is cured by these surgical techniques.
Who needs Scoliosis and Kyphosis Corrective Surgery?
Patients suffering from the following conditions:
- Spine fractures
- Slip disc
- Birth defects
- Muscular dystrophy
- Turner syndrome
- Cerebral palsy
- Basal cell nevus syndrome
Tests before Scoliosis and Kyphosis Corrective Surgery
- Physical examination
- Blood tests
- CAT Scan
- Renal Sonogram
The patient is lying down in such a manner that his front view should appear while performing surgery. The surgery and treatment in adults depend on the type of pain, nerve compression, and spinal deformity. Spinal fusion surgery in an adult is performed using metallic rods and screws. The procedure is broadly classified as:
- Osteotomy: To correct angular deformity the bone is cut. Spinal instrumentation and fusion are combined in this procedure.
- Balloon Kyphoplasty: It is performed to cure spinal fractures. It is a minimally invasive surgery which has shorter recovery time. In this, an orthopedic balloon is inserted in the compressed spinal bone (vertebrae) to correct the spinal posture and avoid any spaces in between vertebrae. The gaps are filled with surgical ceramics to stabilize fractures.
Post-Scoliosis and Kyphosis Corrective Care
- Complete rest is recommended.
- Prescribed medications to be taken on time.
- Sponge baths are recommended after surgery or sometime.
Benefits of Scoliosis and Kyphosis Corrective Surgery
- Reduced pain and neurological symptoms
- Improved deformity
- Prevent the spine from getting curved in the worst situation
Why MedTours Global?
- We are associated with the best hospitals globally having the emergency infrastructure, fully equipped with the latest technologies and techniques to overcome from every emergency condition.
- Our team of doctors are highly experienced in ‘Emergency Patient Management’ and work together to save the patient.
- Consultation from doctors through e-mail, phone, and video calling.
- Rehabilitation programs are organized to assist complex surgery patients.
- Complete support and assistance being given before and after treatment.
- Cost of treatment is quite less as compared to other service providers.
- We are always ready to offer our helping hand and our services are available Free of Cost 24/7.