A tissue called meningeal, present inside our brain. When meningeal tissue gets affected, a non-cancerous tumor arises in the surrounding of the brain as well as in spine, the condition is known as Meningioma. It is benign in nature and grows slowly, but if the size of the tumor increases, then the symptoms like blurred vision, headache, seizures and ear problems occur. It affects an age group of 40-50 years of people. Though it is a rare syndrome when affected, surgery is the best option to be taken into consideration.
What is Meningioma?
Meningioma is a benign tumour which arises inside the brain. These are the slow-growing tumours which show their signs after sometime. When the tumour increases then the situation becomes critical and life-threatening too, if treatment is not taken.
It often occurs in a female population of 40-50 years of age group but our expert says that it can occur at any age group also. Meningioma requires long term monitoring as the results are not clear at an early age, because the tumour is benign which is non-cancerous by nature.
The meningioma brain tumour is broadly classified as:
- Grade 1:They grow often but gradually increase and have no chance of returning after the treatment.
- Grade 2:Gradually increases but rare chances of returning after treatment.
- Grade 3:Rarely grows and high chances of coming back even after the treatment.
What are the symptoms of Meningioma?
Since it requires a lot of monitoring, so symptoms occur gradually depending on the condition of the brain. Few signs and symptoms include:
- Blurred vision
- Loss of smell
- Change in mind state
Why Meningioma Surgery is important?
Meningioma surgery depends upon various factors like:
- Growth rate
- Medical history
- Symptoms if causing problems
Treatments like radiation, chemotherapy, surgery are suggested for the patient suffering from Meningioma.
- Surgery: It is considered as the best treatment as our experts have a good hand in removing the tumour from the root through surgery which does not allow growing again. After surgery also patient are suggested to visit for follow check-ups.
- Radiation therapy: In this, a high beam of light passes on the tumour which breaks the tumour into pieces. It is performed only in non-surgical cases.
- Chemotherapy: It is rarely used in Meningioma treatment. Only certain cases are being dealt with chemo. The chemotherapy is given outside the Blood-Brain barrier (BBB) so that the chemo drugs can reach on to the point.
Post Meningioma Surgery Care
- Prescribed medications to be taken on time.
- Complete recommended diet required to be followed.
- Emotional and Physical support is required.
- Support and encouragement are what the patient needs after meningioma surgery.
Benefits of Meningioma Surgery
Meningioma is classified into 3 grades, thus surgery is the best option in extreme cases. After surgery, the tumor will be removed from the site.
Why MedTours Global?
- We are associated with the best hospitals globally having the emergency infrastructure, fully equipped with the latest technologies and techniques to overcome from every emergency condition.
- Our team of doctors are highly experienced in ‘Emergency Patient Management’ and work together to save the patient.
- Consultation from doctors through e-mail, phone, and video calling.
- Rehabilitation programs are organized to assist complex surgery patients.
- Complete support and assistance being given before and after treatment.
- Cost of treatment is quite less as compared to other service providers.
- We are always ready to offer our helping hand and our services are available Free of Cost 24/7.