LASIK stands for Laser-Assisted in situ Keratomileusis. It is a very common procedure for eyes, where through laser surgery in eyes is performed to treat myopia, hyperopia, , and astigmatism. Lasik surgery helps in reshaping the cornea for the proper vision. The procedure takes around 15 minutes to half an hour only for both the eyes by removing the glasses with a permanent lens.
What is Lasik?
Lasik is a common surgery often performed on the patients suffering from far and nearsightedness and astigmatism (misunderstood vision problem). After Lasik treatment, the vision is improved within 24 hours.
When Lasik Treatment is required?
When you are suffering from long term near-sightedness, far-sightedness and astigmatism with high power then Lasik treatment is suggested.
Why Lasik Treatment is required?
- Permanent adjustment of the cornea.
- Removal of the lens and replaced with an artificial lens to improve vision.
Tests before Lasik Surgery
A regular check-up followed by appointment is required for the physical eye examination is required.
Initially, eyes are numbed so that surgery can be continued without any pain. Through a surgical tool, a circular flap is made in the cornea. The access of cornea gets by flapping back by folding back the hinged flap and few corneal tissues are removed. A cool ultraviolet light beam is used to reshape the corneal tissues to improve the vision. For myopia patients, the cornea is made to be flat and for hyperopia, steeper cornea is done. Astigmatism can be improved by keeping the irregular cornea in a normal shape. After the surgery is done, eyes are covered and allow corneal tissues to heal naturally.
Post Lasik Care
- Do not rub.
- Regular check-ups are suggested.
- Avoid exercise just after surgery.
- Avoid any type of eye make-up.
- Avoid contact with water.
- Wear eyeglasses for the first week to prevent it from dust and pollution.
Benefits after Lasik Treatment
- Improved in vision.
- No pain with Lasik.
- No bandages and stitches are required.
- The patient can revert back to his normal routine within a couple of days.
Why MedTours Global?
- We are associated with the best hospitals globally having the emergency infrastructure, fully equipped with the latest technologies and techniques to overcome from every emergency condition.
- Our team of doctors are highly experienced in ‘Emergency Patient Management’ and work together to save the patient.
- Consultation from doctors through e-mail, phone, and video calling.
- Rehabilitation programs are organized to assist complex surgery patients.
- Complete support and assistance being given before and after treatment.
- Cost of treatment is quite less as compared to other service providers.
- We are always ready to offer our helping hand and our services are available Free of Cost 24/7.