Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) is a fertility method to conceive. In this method, sperm is inserted in the female body during her ovulation period for the fertilization. The insertion of sperm is performed in the uterus where the ovulation process occurs and fertilization of eggs happen. The main objective of performing this technique is to let maximum sperm reach to fallopian tubes of the female reproductive system which increase the chances of fertilization.
What is Intrauterine Insemination?
IUI is a fertility technique in which the millions of sperms are injected into the uterus so that they can reach to fallopian tubes and fertilization procedure can occur during the ovulation period of the woman. In about 20-30% cases, the woman conceives in the first cycle only and in about 60-70% cases woman is asked to undergo 3-4 more cycles for fertilization successfully.
Why Intrauterine Insemination is important?
When a woman reaches to a fertility age then due to some medical reasons she is not able to conceive by normal procedure and thus our expert gynaecologists recommend them to undergo the procedure of IUI.
What conditions require Intrauterine Insemination?
- The patient is dealing with fertility issues.
- Poor cervical conditions.
- Ejaculation Dysfunctioning.
Before the procedure starts our gynaecologists recommend tests to a woman:
- Routine screening
- Certain blood tests
- Tests for infectious disease
- Semen analysis where the sperm count is tested
After the satisfactory evaluation of the tests results IUI procedure starts. In the first week, medicines will be prescribed and later an injection will be given to the patient. On the next day, male partner will be asked to submit sperm samples which will be inserted through the cervix into the uterus for the fertilization. During the insemination procedure, no anaesthesia will be given to the patient.
Post Intrauterine Insemination Care
Patient after insemination need to take pregnancy tests for the confirmation and if the results are positive then no further treatment is required. If not, then again the same cycle will be performed until the woman gets pregnant.
Results of Intrauterine Insemination
When the positive results come after one cycle then it is recommended to watch for the signs and symptoms of pregnancy and if not then the repetition of the same cycle occurs to get desired results.
Benefits of Intrauterine Insemination
- The success rate is high
- Less expensive
- Quick artificial insemination method
- Less invasive
Why MedTours Global?
- We are associated with the best hospitals globally having the emergency infrastructure, fully equipped with the latest technologies and techniques to overcome from every emergency condition.
- Our team of doctors are highly experienced in ‘Emergency Patient Management’ and work together to save the patient.
- Consultation from doctors through e-mail, phone, and video calling.
- Rehabilitation programs are organized to assist complex surgery patients.
- Complete support and assistance being given before and after treatment.
- Cost of treatment is quite less as compared to other service providers.
- We are always ready to offer our helping hand and our services are available Free of Cost 24/7.