Intestinal cancer occurs in the intestine. In this, the food gets blocked and it affects the digestion as well. A tumour gets generated inside the intestine and when it gets bigger it causes pain in the abdomen. This tumour only blocks the food to pass and slow bleeding in a tumour can cause anaemia. In severe conditions of obstruction, surgery is recommended on an immediate basis.
What is Intestinal Cancer?
When tumours occur in the intestine and block the food passage and affect digestion then the chance of cancer in intestine increases. The tumours in the intestine are generally non-cancerous in nature. The blockages in the intestine cause pain in the abdomen then surgery is required to remove the tumour.
When Intestinal Cancer Treatment is required?
When the food passage gets blocked because of enlargement of tumour then surgery is recommended on an immediate basis.
What are the symptoms of Intestinal Cancer?
- Pain in the abdomen
- Nausea and vomiting
- An unexplained quick reduction in weight
- Bleeding tumours
- Lumps in abdomen
Tests before Intestinal Cancer Treatment
- Blood tests
- Faecal tests
- FIT-DNA test
The surgery of intestinal cancer is performed by different methods, depending on the stage of cancer as well, which are as follows:
- Local Excision or Polypectomy: In Polypectomy, on the polyps present inside intestine is removed and the tissues present on the colon wall are removed by local excision.
- Colon Resection: It is performed by two methods. In partial or hemicolectomy, present cancer along with the surrounded healthy tissues and sometimes lymph nodes are also removed during surgery but in the total complete colon is removed along with the lymph nodes. This required colostomy for the stool passes on a permanent basis.
- Laparoscopy: In this, a large incision is made in the lower abdomen and small incision inside is made to remove the deformity.
- Palliative Surgery: The blockages made by tumours are removed by this surgery. This helps in getting relief from the abdomen pain.
- Metastatic Surgery: When intestinal cancer reaches to other areas also then it is suggested to remove those abnormal areas as well. This procedure depends on several factors which are discussed by our best cancer specialists.
- Radiofrequency Ablation: a probe is made to be inserted through skin or incision in the abdomen then electrodes helps in killing the cancer cells from the abnormal area.
- Cryosurgery: In this procedure, cancer cells are frozen and killed.
Post Intestinal Cancer Treatment Care
- Regular check-ups are recommended.
- Eating and drinking routine should be taken care of.
- Complete rest after surgery is recommended.
- No heavy lifting and exercises.
- Drink plenty of water.
Benefits after Intestinal Cancer Treatment
After the surgery is done, the patient gets relief from long term pain which was occurring because of the enlargement of tumour and other symptoms.
Why MedTours Global?
- We are associated with the best hospitals globally having the emergency infrastructure, fully equipped with the latest technologies and techniques to overcome from every emergency condition.
- Our team of doctors are highly experienced in ‘Emergency Patient Management’ and work together to save the patient.
- Consultation from doctors through e-mail, phone, and video calling.
- Rehabilitation programs are organized to assist complex surgery patients.
- Complete support and assistance being given before and after treatment.
- Cost of treatment is quite less as compared to other service providers.
- We are always ready to offer our helping hand and our services are available Free of Cost 24/7.