Hip Resurfacing is a technique which is done on the patients suffering from prolonged arthritis. Our hip is made of ball and socket joint. Medically, a ball is a femoral head and socket is acetabulum. In Hip Resurfacing Surgery, the femoral bone is not removed but trimming is done followed by placing a cap made up of metal and plastic and any damaged part within socket is replaced by metal and plastic components.
What is Hip Resurfacing?
Hip Resurfacing is an advanced surgical technique. It is a type of Hip Replacement Surgery only with minor differences. In Hip Resurfacing, the patient with an age of 60 years and more gets affected more.
Why Hip Resurfacing is important?
To avoid prolonged illness from arthritis and severe injury Hip Resurfacing is recommended.
In this Hip Resurfacing, as the name suggests, resurfacing of the hip is performed. Hip is a ball and socket joint which if gets damaged, then it is suggested to remove and replace with ceramic, plastics and metal.
During this procedure, an incision is made in the hip and damaged bone and cartilage present in a socket is removed and replaced with metal, plastics and a ceramic component. The femoral bone is not removed instead trimmed and a cap is placed. Further, the incision is closed with sutures which will get dissolved in the skin and staples will be removed within 48 hours.
Post-Hip Resurfacing Care
- The patient will be discharged from the hospital in two to three days.
- Quick recovery.
- Helps in recovering from arthritis.
- The patient should do slow exercises for the speedy recovery.
- No heavy weight lifting or strenuous work should be performed by patients.
Results of Hip Resurfacing
- It helps in walking.
- Cures prolonged arthritis illness.
- Cures severe accidental injury.
Why MedTours Global?
- We are associated with the best hospitals globally having the emergency infrastructure, fully equipped with the latest technologies and techniques to overcome from every emergency condition.
- Our team of doctors are highly experienced in ‘Emergency Patient Management’ and work together to save the patient.
- Consultation from doctors through e-mail, phone, and video calling.
- Rehabilitation programs are organized to assist complex surgery patients.
- Complete support and assistance being given before and after treatment.
- Cost of treatment is quite less as compared to other service providers.
- We are always ready to offer our helping hand and our services are available Free of Cost 24/7.