Hip replacement is an advanced surgical technique, also known as “Hip Arthroplasty” where surgeons remove and replace injured and painful hip joint with an artificial hip joint made of metals and plastics. A metal and plastic made base is implanted and a ball and socket structured thing is implanted in the hole present in the femur. The hip replacement is performed to get relief from arthritis pain or any accidental injury if present. This surgery is performed as total or partial hip replacement surgery.
What is Hip Replacement?
Hip replacement is an advanced surgical technique which is performed by our expert surgeons who remove and replace femoral head and acetabulum (an area where hip joint is formed when femur bone get attached with concave pelvis surface).
Why Hip Replacement is important?
When a patient suffers from prolonged arthritis which starts causing pain while sitting and affecting routine work then Hip Replacement Surgery is recommended to regain his mobility. Generally, the cases of adults appear but nowadays 20% of cases are coming from the younger generation as per global record.
What causes Hip Replacement?
The following factors are involved in hip replacement:
- Walking problems
- Painful arthritis
- Disturbances in performing routine work
- Aching during sleep or while resting
- Continuous pain in the hip joint
Before surgery, special consultation is required if the patient had a history of hemophilia, cancer, transplants, infectious diseases. A complete medical checkup is required before lying on the operating table so as to avoid any complications.
Hip Replacement Surgery is performed in two ways:
- Total Hip Replacement: During this surgery, complete replacement of femoral head and acetabulum is done. The replacement is performed by removing the original hip joint with a metal and plastic made the hip joint.
- Partial Hip Replacement: During this surgery, the only femoral head is removed and replaced with the original one.
Post Hip Replacement Care
After the surgery gets completed, the patient will be discharged within two to three days. It takes around six months to one year to recover completely from the surgery. A patient needs to take care of following things to get into normal life:
- Regular physical exercise
- Methods of sitting and walking affect post surgery
- Visit doctors for follow up
- Eat meals on time by sitting properly to avoid any future damage
Results of Hip Replacement
- The patient will be able to walk properly in just six months.
- Regular slow exercise brings mobility on hips.
- Less pressure workout is suggested even after a year gap to avoid any complications.
Benefits of Hip Replacement
- Quick recovery
- Less pain after surgery
- Less damage of tissues and muscles during hip surgery
- Reduce the risk of chronic health conditions
Why MedTours Global?
- We are associated with the best hospitals globally having the emergency infrastructure, fully equipped with the latest technologies and techniques to overcome from every emergency condition.
- Our team of doctors are highly experienced in ‘Emergency Patient Management’ and work together to save the patient.
- Consultation from doctors through e-mail, phone, and video calling.
- Rehabilitation programs are organized to assist complex surgery patients.
- Complete support and assistance being given before and after treatment.
- Cost of treatment is quite less as compared to other service providers.
- We are always ready to offer our helping hand and our services are available Free of Cost 24/7.