Hand & Wrist surgery is performed on those patients who are dealing with the problem of arthritis especially osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis and severe injury occurs during physical exercise or sports activity. It is also recommended when hand & wrist is injured due to degenerative changes, infections, by birth defects.
What is Hand & Wrist Surgery?
There are several types of surgery performed to keep the hand and wrist in a proper form.
Why Hand & Wrist Surgery is important?
The hand & wrist surgery is mandatory in the following cases:
- Severe fractures
- Hand & wrist injuries
- Breaking of ligaments and tendons of fingers
- Movement disability
- Dysfunctioning of hands
Hand & Wrist surgery is used now and then in the medical fraternity. There are different types of hand & wrist surgeries mentioned below:
Carpel Tunnel Release: This is performed when Carpel Tunnel Syndrome occurs. The surgery is performed when extreme pressure on the median nerve pass through wrist which results in numbness, needle-like pain and swelling in the wrist. Surgery is done to relax nerve with an application of local anaesthesia. A patient gets discharged after a few hours of surgery.
Ganglion Removal: It is performed in cases with arthritis, tendon breakdown and joint replacement. It is performed by removing the fluid which causes swelling called ganglion. This removal results in pain relief.
Dupuytren’s Contracture Fasciotomy: When connective tissues cause pain in the hand, permanent flexion contractures occurs then this surgery is performed to release pain from the fingers.
Trigger Finger Release: The surgery is performed while removing the serum, cartilage and to clean wound from further prevention.
Post Hand & Wrist Surgery Treatment Care
- A medicated band or plaster is used to keep the wrist and hand in the straight proper form.
- Regular medications are prescribed to the patient.
- The patient gets discharged within hours only but sometimes an overnight stay is recommended in extreme cases.
- Heavy exercise should not be done.
Results of Hand & Wrist Surgery
- The wrist will be in proper shape.
- The broken bone of the hand gets fixed and starts functioning.
Benefits of Hand & Wrist Surgery
Patient suffering from long term illness and pain gets relieved after the surgery is performed. This includes:
- Dysfunction of the hand and wrist
- Prolonged pain in hands
- Movement disability
- Blood clot
Why MedTours Global?
- We are associated with the best hospitals globally having the emergency infrastructure, fully equipped with the latest technologies and techniques to overcome from every emergency condition.
- Our team of doctors are highly experienced in ‘Emergency Patient Management’ and work together to save the patient.
- Consultation from doctors through e-mail, phone, and video calling.
- Rehabilitation programs are organized to assist complex surgery patients.
- Complete support and assistance being given before and after treatment.
- Cost of treatment is quite less as compared to other service providers.
- We are always ready to offer our helping hand and our services are available Free of Cost 24/7.