Glaucoma is a condition which causes damage to the optic nerve of our eye. The symptoms are not clear in the primary stage but will cause loss of vision in the later stage. It occurs because of the pressure which builds inside the eye and when this pressure increases then it will cause vision impairment by damaging the optic nerve. Surgery is performed when the Glaucoma condition increases and leads to severe damage to an optic nerve which at an age leads to total vision loss.
What is Glaucoma?
Glaucoma is a condition where the optic nerve of our eye damages and then surgery is recommended to repair the vision loss after a certain age.
When Glaucoma Surgery is required?
Generally, medications are enough to cure glaucoma but in certain cases, surgery is recommended. When the impairment increases along with vision loss then surgery is performed.
WhyGlaucoma Surgeryis important?
- To repair vision loss.
- To treat long term visual loss
Tests before Glaucoma Surgery
Before the surgery starts, certain tests, examinations are done to get the complete medical condition of the patient.
Glaucoma involves different types of surgery, which are broadly classified as:
- Laser Surgery: It is considered as the best Glaucoma surgery and depends on the eye condition. In this, a beam of light is passed in the eye’s trabecular meshwork which helps in the flow of fluid out from the eyes.
- Incisional Surgery:It is also known as filtering surgery. In this, a hole is made in the trabecular meshwork, which allows intraocular fluid to pass the clogged drainage canal from the artificial drainage canal.
In certain conditions, when through laser surgery the pressure from the optic nerve is not release then Incisional Surgery is recommended.
Post Glaucoma Surgery Care
- Avoid visiting dusty areas.
- Do not rub the eyes.
- Prescribed medications should be taken.
Benefits of Glaucoma Surgery
- Vision loss gets repaired.
- Lowers eye pressure.
Why MedTours Global?
- We are associated with the best hospitals globally having the emergency infrastructure, fully equipped with the latest technologies and techniques to overcome from every emergency condition.
- Our team of doctors are highly experienced in ‘Emergency Patient Management’ and work together to save the patient.
- Consultation from doctors through e-mail, phone, and video calling.
- Rehabilitation programs are organized to assist complex surgery patients.
- Complete support and assistance being given before and after treatment.
- Cost of treatment is quite less as compared to other service providers.
- We are always ready to offer our helping hand and our services are available Free of Cost 24/7.