CyberKnife is a painless, non-invasive radio-surgical technique, where the radiation therapy helps in destroying both cancerous and non-cancerous tumours present in any part of our body. It is quick and good for those who do not want to undergo any surgical procedure.
What is CyberKnife Treatment?
CyberKnife is an advanced radio-surgical device which is used to remove and destroy the cancerous and non-cancerous tumors and lesions from prostate, lung, brain, spine, liver, kidney, certain gynaecologic indications and pancreas. CyberKnife is the only robotic device which is considered as one of the best technique in which the tumor from spine is removed without causing any pain in any part of our body.
What kinds of tumors are treated with CyberKnife?
CyberKnife can target various cancerous as well as non-cancerous tumors. It is recommended for a variety of metastatic cancers in any part of the body, like:
- Brain tumor
- Lung tumor
- Pancreatic tumor
- Kidney or renal tumor
- Spinal tumor
- Prostate tumor
- Breast tumor
- Liver tumor
- Head and neck cancer
What makes CyberKnife different?
It is a robotic system which does not require any surgical instruments to tear up any part of our body where tumors or lesions are present. In this unique technique, a high radiation beam is passed in the body from different angles which help in removing and destroying the cancerous and non-cancerous tumors safely without damaging any healthy tissue present near to that site.
What happens before the CyberKnife procedure?
- Before CyberKnife procedure is done on the patient, a high-resolution CT scan of the target organ or area is done to know the size, shape and location of the tumor.
- These CT scan images are very important and are digitally transferred to the CyberKnife System’s workstation so that they can be used during the procedure to precisely target the tumor.
- After this, the team of surgeons make a treatment plan to deliver the desired dose of radiation over the exact location of tumor.
The procedure is performed without any anaesthesia and takes not more than 30-60 minutes.
The number of sessions required for CyberKnife depends upon the size, shape, and location of the tumor, but mostly 1 to 5 sessions of CyberKnife are required.
Post CyberKnife Treatment Care
- Patient is kept in the post-operative room under observation for few hours after the CyberKnife procedure to track the patient health.
- Patient can move around and stay as normal as possible after the procedure.
- Almost all the patients are discharged on the same day and are instructed to come to the hospital on the next day for next session of CyberKnife.
- CyberKnife sessions are done daily for the recommended number of sessions.
- Patient is allowed to take meals as usual but healthy eating is encouraged for early recovery from the procedure.
- A gap of 1-1.5 hours is recommended between CyberKnife session and meal to avoid any kind of nausea or uneasy sensation.
- Patient is advised to take plenty of rest but should also move around as often as possible.
- Patient can resume all the daily activities like usual but avoid any kind of strenuous activities during the procedure days and if required some days after the procedure too.
- Patient is advised to visit the hospital for routine examinations and general health care for almost 6 months after the procedure.
- Patient should also keep a check for recurrence or any other abnormality and keep the doctor informed about every happening.
Benefits of CyberKnife Treatment
- Removes both cancerous and non-cancerous tumors and lesions.
- No anesthesia is required in whole procedure.
- Painless treatment.
- Safe use of high radiation beam is used in whole body.
- Non-invasive surgery.
- No damage to the surrounding healthy tissues.
- Quick procedure where patient can leave soon.
Why MedTours Global?
- We are associated with the best hospitals globally having the emergency infrastructure, fully equipped with the latest technologies and techniques to overcome from every emergency condition.
- Our team of doctors are highly experienced in ‘Emergency Patient Management’ and work together to save the patient.
- Consultation from doctors through e-mail, phone, and video calling.
- Rehabilitation programs are organized to assist complex surgery patients.
- Complete support and assistance being given before and after treatment.
- Cost of treatment is quite less as compared to other service providers.
- We are always ready to offer our helping hand and our services are available Free of Cost 24/7.