It is a very common eye surgical procedure where the original eye lens is removed because of its cloudy nature and then replaced it with an artificial lens so as to get a clear vision. Our expert ophthalmologists perform this operation and after surgery one does not require to stay in the hospital. It is done on an outpatient basis.
What is Cataract Surgery?
This is performed to treat cataract which causes blurred vision. Cataract surgery is a very common surgical procedure of removing the defected lens and replacing it with an artificial lens.
Who needs Cataract Surgery?
Patient suffering from cataract of advanced stage which results into blurry vision requires this surgery. The age group of 50 and more are often affected with cataract problem and then surgery is recommended. Our expert ophthalmologists suggest taking a consultation to know more about cataract and its stage, so as to confirm whether surgery is required or not.
Why Cataract Surgery is important?
It is not mandatory that all people having blurred vision require cataract surgery. This surgical procedure is performed on those who have advanced stage of cataract which occurs generally at the age 50 years and more. It is a completely safe procedure which is being performed by using laser-assisted technology.
Certain tests are performed before starting the surgery. The artificial lens which is used in the surgery is known as Intraocular Lens (IOL).
The procedure involves two very small incisions made in the cornea, a dome-shaped tissue present in the front part of the eye. The body’s natural occurring viscous liquid substance is filled in the incision during surgery to maintain the shape of an eye and to balance the salt solution. The original lens is broken into several pieces then sucked out from an eye and replaced with Intraocular Lens (IOL) and this technique is known as phacoemulsification.
The incision which was made initially does not require any stitches as it gets self-sealed.
Post Cataract Surgery Care
- Eye masks are provided for protection.
- Avoid splashing of water directly in to eyes.
- Facial cosmetics should be avoided.
- Avoid physical activities like watching TV, swimming, walking and sports activities for few weeks.
Benefits of Cataract Surgery
- Improves vision.
- Decrease physical injuries.
- Improves quality of life.
Why MedTours Global?
- We are associated with the best hospitals globally having the emergency infrastructure, fully equipped with the latest technologies and techniques to overcome from every emergency condition.
- Our team of doctors are highly experienced in ‘Emergency Patient Management’ and work together to save the patient.
- Consultation from doctors through e-mail, phone, and video calling.
- Rehabilitation programs are organized to assist complex surgery patients.
- Complete support and assistance being given before and after treatment.
- Cost of treatment is quite less as compared to other service providers.
- We are always ready to offer our helping hand and our services are available Free of Cost 24/7.